Wednesday, February 2, 2011

where was I?

wow i forgot about this blog i started! well it is now feb. 2 2011. last year i went to England with the band woodland for 2 weeks, my first time in Europe! It was great i loved it! My wife michele and i went to maui the winter previous also my first time in the islands! Looking forward to playing in seattle in 2 weeks with kef for some dances and shows. Then in march i go to a steampunk/celtic/ mythic faire in baltimore with woodland acoustic. We did a masquerade ball the other night and it went well, pirates vs faeries. I also have some gigs around st paddy's day with my klezmonaut best buds Jeremy and Chip to play celtic and scandinavian tunes in some pubs. I also play with mamadou and abdoulaye tchioub senegalese master dancers and drummers. So even though i put very little effort into having a career i have things happening enough to keep me occupied, it kind of works that way for me. I will be playing a totally improv free jazz show fri at cowfish with Shawn diFiore and Rick Iannacone. free as in free in every way!

It's a chilly 23 F today i knew we would have another cold snap. The balmy weather was to good to be true. We are doing a liver cleanse diet for 2 weeks. My asthma seems to be going away due to it, I have more energy and this is just the 4th day in. already dropping poundage and looking better! this will be a good year. Got a fire cooking in the woodstove, i get a massage today!

No comments: